Monday, September 10, 2012

Thoughts on AP Comp Gov

I'm both excited and nervous for this class. As it is my junior year, maybe the most important year of high school, it was a tough decision to take two Social Studies AP courses. I was up to the challenge though, but I'm nervous that for this class in particular, that I might just absolutely not get a word we are saying for one of the topics. I just want to be able to understand most of the stuff we cover. As with the other AP courses, I don't want to fall behind, so I will try my best to stay on the boat. I believe that this course will really help me with Debate as far as debating about the international topics that may come up in all events at tournaments. This will really help me understand what people are talking about on the news. I guess I am most exicted to learn about what is really out there in terms of politics. I 'm really excited to learn about different governments that are not their own and how they exist in society. Although I have heard that it is recommended to take AP US Gov before AP Comp Gov, I still think this would help understand the United States government a little more in context and prepare for the AP US Gov course if I decide to take it next year. I think this class will be interesting and I'm looking forward to an exciting year.

No comments:

Post a Comment